feel是“感觉”,empty是“空的”,feel empty不是“感到空虚”
I feel empty. 可以说“我感到很空虚”。
i. After the loss of her pet, she felt empty and lost without its companionship.
(在失去她的宠物后,她感到空虚和迷失,没有了它的陪伴。)
ii. Despite his professional success, he often finds himself feeling empty and unfulfilled in his personal life.
(尽管在职业上取得成功,但他经常发现自己在个人生活中感到空虚和不满足。)
iii. She scrolled through social media for hours, but the more she scrolled, the more she felt empty inside.
(她在社交媒体上滚动了几个小时,但她滚动得越多,内心就越感到空虚。)
但Empty除了表示“空洞的;空虚的”,也有“空腹的”的意思哦。
Peckish
/'pekɪʃ/ adj. <英,非正>有点饿的
"peckish"通常用来描述一种渴望食物或感到轻微饥饿的状态,通常不是指非常饿或饥饿到需要大量食物。这个词有时也可以用来形容对某种食物的渴望或对小吃的欲望。
1. I'm feeling a bit peckish. Shall we grab a snack before dinner?
(我有点饿了。我们吃晚饭前来吃点零食吧?)
2. After the hike, we were all feeling a little peckish, so we stopped at a café for some sandwiches.
(徒步旅行后,我们都有点饿了,所以我们在咖啡馆停下来吃了些三明治。)
3. She always keeps some fruit in her bag for when she feels peckish during the day.
(她总是在包里备一些水果,以备白天感到有点饿的时候食用。)
starving
"starving"源自动词"starve",意为“挨饿”或“饥饿”。在形容词形式中,“starving”用来描述极度饥饿或非常渴望食物的状态。通常用来表示极度饥饿的状态,通常是指长时间没有进食或感到非常饿。这个词语常用于口语中,用来强调饥饿程度。
i. I forgot to eat lunch today, and now I'm absolutely starving.
(我今天忘记吃午餐了,现在我非常饥饿。)
ii. After the long hike, we were all starving and couldn't wait to have a big meal.
(长途徒步旅行后,我们都饿极了,迫不及待地想吃一顿大餐。)
iii. She worked late into the night and by the time she finished, she was starving and exhausted.
(她工作到深夜,等她完成时,又饿又累。)
My stomach is growling.
这句话的意思就是肚子好饿,都饿叫了!因为growl作动词翻译成“怒吠;咆哮;吼”。肚子饿叫发出的声响我们叫borborygmus/ˌbɔrbə'rɪgməs/n. 腹鸣
i. I haven't eaten anything since breakfast, and now my stomach is growling like crazy.
(自早餐以来我什么都没吃,现在我的肚子咕噜咕噜直响。)
ii. After the intense workout, my stomach was growling, and I couldn't wait to have a hearty meal.
(剧烈运动后,我的肚子咕噜咕噜叫,迫不及待想吃一顿丰盛的饭菜。) 返回搜狐,查看更多
责任编辑: